Monday, January 31, 2011

SEMPER UBI SUB UBI or ALWAYS BE PREPARED

I love watching the news.  Today, there were only two stories: Egypt, 

and Monster Storm a-Brewin'.

Since I can't do anything about the situation in Egypt, I'm preparing for the storm.

That's right.  I bought extra beer and cigarettes.  I also brought all the cattle and horses inside.

Hey, you guys ever seen Hoarders?  The dude with the ga-fucking zillion rats loose in his house was one sick puppy, eh?  Me, I have no obsessive-compulsive-animal-hoarding-psychosis.  I simply enjoy the hijinks of huge, over-ripe mammals cavorting in the snooker room.

So... blow, ye winds, and singe my white beard.  Or whatever it was that Lear said.

And to Hosni Mubarak: too bad, so sad.  (And really, man, this shouldn't come as much of a shock.  You had thirty fucking years to get it right, eh?)

Time for a smoke and a brewski before the snow starts.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

Beer and cigarettes to prepare for a storm? Shouldn't you find a cave to shelter in first?

Francis Armadale said...

Unfortunately, most of the caves around here are infested with snow cobras.