Thursday, January 27, 2011

WHAT HAPPENS IN THE UNIVERSE STAYS IN THE UNIVERSE

Let's pretend that you and I dead.  The world doesn't require our presence, after all.  I mean, it's not as though our demise would disrupt the laws of physics.

Now, let's pretend that all the sentient creatures in the universe are extinct.  (Assume: sentient creatures are those who are aware that they are aware.)  If you think about it, that still leaves the universe overstocked with assholes -- mainly certain family members and co-workers ... and fucking insects.

But at least we're no longer here.

And that must be of some comfort, to some creature, somewhere, sentient or not.

See?  It's all good.

2 comments:

Gorilla Bananas said...

What have you got against insects? They're a valuable source of protein for some.

Francis Armadale said...

I watch Bear Grylls eating all manner of creepy crawlies as appetiizers (while his film crew stands by in the bushes, steaks at the ready) and I think 'Not even if I were dying.'

It's the six legs, I guess. Real food only has four. And makes a mooing or oinking noise.